Wednesday 14 October 2015

Sugar and Spice top

When Olivia saw this fabric she was delighted at the color and the print, pink and butterflies! I just knew I had to make her something out of it as soon as I could, especially because lately she has not been a big fan of Mama's choice of fabric. Why or why do they have to grow up?! (aaahhh sad face). I love making her clothes so it's an extra bonus that she loves this fabric, hopefully this means the top will get lots of wears! The fabric is so special because it was gifted to me by a dear friend who had bought it probably decades ago to sew for her daughters who are now probably my age. How special is that!




The pattern is the Sugar & Spice Dress & Top by Peek-a-boo pattern shop. It was fairly easy to sew, just a little time consuming for a slow sewer like me. I had to discipline myself and not binge sew, so I completed it over two nights. My machine broke down right as I finished the last stitch. Boooo!!! I've been having terrible frustrations with my sewing machines lately, but thank goodness one of them is fixed now and up and running again. Yay, just in time for Kids Clothes Week next week! If you don't know what I'm talking about, watch this space.


Miss O is also wearing her first pair of jeans! Hahaha, this girl has had a thing against jeans since she was tiny. She refused to wear them no matter how much I tried negotiating and bribing. Her two reasons were, they look like boys' pants and they are not nice like leggings. This pair is really soft so she welcomed it and seems extra delighted to match with Mama :-)



The Sugar & Spice pattern has two variations. It can either be top or dress length and there is an option to leave out the flutter sleeves, but I absolutely adore flutter sleeves so I kept them! She probably won't like this style for too long since flutter sleeves have a "little girl" type of look, so I might as well use the opportunity while it lasts.



This little girl has been full of hilarious phrases and stories lately. She surprises us everyday! The latest is that she is married to a boy in her class and this morning while dressing her she said to me, "Mama, I'm still married to M" I asked when they got married and it turns out that this all started because she had a long white play skirt on a few days ago and I commented that she looked like she was getting married! Hahaha, so Mama planted the seeds!

She's also been loving the nae nae song, Mama's influence again :-) I started learning the dance moves so I could impress the youth group at church and she (and Owen) joined in! We just need to get Daddy on board now then we can post a video on Youtube. In these last few pictures she was dancing the nae nae :-) I love silly, crazy, funny family moments…memories to be treasured forever!












1 comment:

  1. You did a lovely job with the top, just gorgeous! Your little one looks fab :) I just purchased this pattern, and will be making my own version over the next couple of days, hope it turns out as nice as yours

    ReplyDelete