Sunday 18 October 2015

KCW Day 1: Harem Romper

Yay! It's finally here, my favorite time of every season…Kid's Clothes Week! You don't know what I'm talking about? Well this is the week where my sewing machine, computer and camera become my best friends. KCW is a seasonal sewing challenge where thousands of seamstresses and sewing bloggers from around the world commit to spending an hour each day sewing for children. I am guilty of spending way more than hour on some days, I have even gone to bed at 3 a.m. when I am too excited and inspired to complete some sewing projects. I love KCW for many reasons including the sense of community, the inspiration, the creativity and the contagious excitement! 

For Day 1, I made something for my dear boy. He hardly gets new clothes, sewn or bought so I am challenging myself to learn to sew for him. 



The harem romper by Brindille and Twig is a very easy and quick sew, I would say it is easy enough for a complete beginner. 

Hubby and I can't decide if this romper is a little girly? It might be because the sail boats printed on the fabric look like polka dots from far. I'll definitely sew another one for him using a more boyish print because it's such a comfortable outfit for a busy little boy.


Talking about busyness, Owen's latest obsession is writing…on anything and everything. It's almost like he walks around looking for pens and crayons and when he finds them he sure makes his mark.!







2 comments:

  1. Lovely job Yolanda.
    I love ove the outfit.
    Try it in a more boyish noticable print.
    Owen is so cute in his romper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just darling! Love it

    ReplyDelete