Wednesday 21 October 2015

KCW Day 3: A hipster outfit for Owen

Day 3 and I'm still going strong! This is my record for KCW so far as in the past two challenges I participated in I only managed to complete two projects out of a planned six or seven. And this time my beautiful boy has been scoring some mama made clothes too, I think I'm slowly getting this "sewing for boys" business :-)

This hipster outfit was inspired by Pinterest. Can you shout PINSPIRATION! I usually prefer more classic, or a mix of classic and modern clothing for my kids, but I just fell in love with this look for little boys. Comfy tee and stretchy pants, perfect for running around to places you are not supposed to be and climbing on furniture.





The raglan style top is a free pattern by Naptime Creations and I used a silver permanent marker to draw the arrows. Yay for free patterns! And it really is a nap time creation sort of project, it took about 30minutes to complete. The pattern for the pants is from Brindille & Twigg, same pattern maker for the harem romper I made on day one of KCW. She designs Scandanavian inspired kids' patterns, again, really cute, practical and comfortable patterns for babies and kids.





This boy's hair is as wild as our weed infested garden! I do not know what to do with it. I've been toying around with the idea of cutting it, but my heart won't let me, it's just too cute, plus when he starts school one day he will not be able to keep it so I'm leaning more towards keeping the golden mess until then.

Speaking of cuteness, these squishy legs and this adorable face are so worth staying up till 2.a.m sewing!





No comments:

Post a Comment