Tuesday 6 October 2015

DIY Stenciling - Oh Deer!

About a year ago I came across DIY stenciling projects Pinterest. Today I decided to try it out and I think I've been bitten the stenciling bug! My husband had better hide all of his plain t-shirts because I might just run out of kids' stuff to go crazy on!

The tutorials I saw on Pinterest use freezer paper, but we don't have that in South Africa so I has to improvise. I printed my stencil design on normal printer paper then I used glue stick to attach it on a piece of  fusible interface. I then cut out my stencil shape and ironed the paper + interface onto the vest. I painted over it with fabric paint and then peeled it off. I'm probably not making much sense, but if you are interested in a more thorough and detailed tutorial, search for "diy freezer paper stencil" on Google and you'll get lots of step by step instructions.

My DIY freezer paper is not ideal, it was not easy peeling off the interface as it is meant to permanently stick in fabric once ironed on as a result some of the paint smudged a bit. I'll keep experimenting with more ideas until I find one that is ideal.

I'm pretty chuffed with my first project. A vest for little Mr. O :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment