Sunday 26 April 2015

KCW Day 3, 4 and 5 : Bunny ears coat

I started making this coat thinking it would be an evening's project, but it ended up taking me three days to complete! Well, about 5 hours total over three evenings. I cannot tell you how many times I had to use the seam ripper to undo silly mistakes but all the  frustration, shouting and almost kicking my machine paid off because it turned out really cute. There are still few things I need to tweak and fix, but I'm happy with it. 






With all the sewing projects I've been sharing, I've been getting two questions from several people and I'd like to attempt to answer them, hopefully I'll inspire  a few people who've been wanting take up a new hobby. First question: "When do you find the time to sew?" I do most of my sewing during crazy late night or early morning hours. There are times when I just cannot put a project down, I'll sew until 2 or 3 am! Yep, I know I'm crazy! Second question: "How long have you been sewing for?" The first thing I ever made on my sewing machine was a nappy for Owen, so that must have been about a year ago. Before that I had a quick sewing lesson from a friend who inspired me to sew and during that lesson we made a simple pillowcase dress for Olivia together.  I mostly taught myself to sew through youtube videos, online tutorials and lots and lots of practice. I absolutely love the challenge of learning a new skill and the pleasure of using that skill to create. Have you been wanting to start sewing? What's stopping you?









No comments:

Post a Comment