Tuesday 31 December 2013

51/52

"A portrait of my child, once a week, every week, in 2013"

Dear Olivia,

Being on vacation has been awesome, your adaptability and trooper spirit have amazed me and your Daddy beyond our imaginations and expectations. But challenges have not been completely absent as being away from home and all familiarity has been bringing out the not so good in you (and your Mama). Temper tantrums, throwing stuff across the room when not getting your way, shouting at me, food strikes and the whole shebang. 

I haven't been dealing with it in the best of ways. Wait, is there even such a thing as "the best way to deal with a toddler being a toddler." Somehow, we'll get through this little girl. We'll learn along the way and figure out what works for us, just like we always we do. 

I do not want to to admit just yet that there is really such a thing as the so called "Terrible Two's". In fact, I declare that we are entering the "Terrific Two's", a time of growth and new adventures for you, your Mama and your Daddy.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment