Friday 20 December 2013

47/52

"A portait of my child, once a week, every week, in 2013"
Dear Olivia,

One sunny and beautiful Saturday morning we went to Lavender Blue to buy some strawberries, instead, we came home with a pretty girly hat!

Here are a few things you will learn about your mama my sweet Caramel;

~ Spontaneous buys...I love them! Sometimes I regret them, but mostly, I'd say my best purchases are always unplanned.
~ I love all things girly and pretty. I can spend hours in a shop just admiring beautiful, random little things.
~ I am taking full advantage of your being a girl while I still can. One day (soon!), you'll be big enough to tell me, "Mommy I don't like that!" Yep, I admit, I love having a little doll to play dress up with! Shhhh, I secretly hope you'll still like girly things even when you have a choice, but it'll be okay if you don't *sniff sniff*
~ I'm a super bargain magnet. I always seem to score the greatest and craziest deals with a lot of purchases.
~ That being said, never be too stingy to spoil yourself with that luxury purchase once in a while, you are worth it! It's taken me a long time to get over the poverty mindset and realise that I'm worth more than just cheap bargains from thrift stores.
~ No matter how busy life is, I always try to make time to enjoy the things that I love. In the midst of a busy week I will give myself 30 minutes to go to one of my favourite shops and look around admiring beauty and creativity. That way, I can keep my sanity and a smile on my face!

Life is so precious and beautiful Miss Olivia. 

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment