Friday 6 May 2016

Autumn/Winter pants for Owen

Yay! After four months of not being able to sew, I am beyond happy to get back into it. So much that when I realized that my children need new clothes for this season, it brought excitement to my heart. They actually need clothes, so I have to sew lots for them and they will be worn unlike when I've sewn stuff for them when they already have heaps of clothes in their cupboards.

I thought I'd start with Mr.O's wardrobe this time for two reasons; firstly because he is in desperate need of pants, so much so that he's been wearing big sis' small leggings at home. Secondly, I still find sewing for girls a bit more exciting and fun, so I was afraid if I start sewing for Miss O I might never get around to little bro.

I absolutely enjoyed making these pants, my heart was smiling with every stitch I made (not!). I only used two different patterns, so it went pretty fast once I had figured out the patterns. The simple pants with the drop crotch are made from the Brindille and Twig Side Pocket Pants pattern and the ones with pockets and elastic are made from the Mini Hudson Pants pattern by True Bias. I love both patterns for different reasons, one being very quick and simple to sew and very roomy for cloth diapers, the other has a perfect fit and more details, making it look more store bought than mama made.


Here are a few more pictures of the waist and pocket detail on the Mini Hudson Pants pattern. I would say I'm an advanced beginner sewer and this pattern was pretty straight forward for me, very well written and illustrated, making it easy to understand. The only thing I struggled with a bit is the elastic, but I'll figure it out with a few more attempts.





Action shots with this boy are very hard to get, but I managed to snap a few blurry ones. These pants are definitely going to get lots of wear, he has already gone through two pairs this morning!









No comments:

Post a Comment