Saturday 21 June 2014

Mama-made: Cloth nappy

I was inspired by a very creative friend of mine to try sewing nappies. At first it looked rather daunting, especially considering I had never used a sewing machine before, except for once when a friend gave me a mini sewing lesson, ,surprisingly though, it was much easier than I thought. The first two nappies I made are probably not even usable, but I got better after that. This particular nappy is my fourth one that I've made and I'm so happy with the outcome, not be mention how proud I am of myself for learning a new skill.

I got the pattern for the nappy from this website and the soaker pad template from here. I used stretch terry for the outer part, a thin fleece for the inner part and t-shirt material for the hidden layer. And for the soaker pad I used flannel and t-shirt and covered it with more stretch terry and fleece. And the best part about making these nappies is that I can use materials that I already have in the house. We use cloth nappies full-time during the day and I've been experimenting with some night-time solutions but we are still working on that. Yay for saving money! (so I can buy more pretty clothes!)








1 comment:

  1. It looks great. Jack of all trades aren't u

    ReplyDelete