Thursday 31 October 2013

Banana and strawberry "ice-cream"

A few weeks ago while browsing through my old pins on Pinterest I came across a recipe for a healthy banana and strawberry mock ice-cream.

I tried it on a beautiful sunny day and it was divine! Olivia and I devoured it. I loved it freshly blended but she enjoyed it more as a frozen ice-lolly.

Try it! It's easy, quick and delicious!


Ingredients

1 banana sliced/diced then frozen
A handful of strawberries also chopped and frozen
2 tablespoons of whatever yoghurt you have
A hint of vanilla extract/essence (optional)
Next time I think I'll add a few fresh leaves of mint (We have plenty!)

Method

Blend all the ingredients until you get a creamy consistency. Depending on the strength of your blender, you might have to add small amounts of the frozen fruit at a time.

Enjoy immediately or freeze into popsicles!

No comments:

Post a Comment