Saturday 12 January 2013

Olivia's first holiday with Grammy and Poppy

Here's a beautiful guest post by Olivia's Grammy

We had only seen our newest granddaughter with SKYPE.  We could already see that she was such a cute baby with her big eyes darting everywhere. But nothing can prepare you for the first time that you see your grandchild up close and personal. We walked into the East London airport and there they were - Scott and Yolanda holding the most beautiful baby  with the most gorgeous eyes imaginable. And she actually locked eyes with us (so different from SKYPE!).  I wanted to take her in my arms immediately but didn't want to frighten her. So I tried to be patient and let her get used to these two strangers - Grammy and Poppy - for a little while.  It was such a wonderful feeling holding her for the first time.  We had such a great week with all three of them. Olivia won't remember us the next time we see her  (perils of living half way around the planet from her) but, maybe she will have some feeling of having known us before and that we are o.k.  We look forward to that time!

Waiting at the airport Chocolate Mama style

Almost here!

I see them!

Hello Grammy!

I like my Grammy.
Holiday time

Three generations
Gift opening time. Thanks for the paper and ribbon Grammy and Poppy!

...and for all my lovely gifts too!
I was saving my first crawling movements for my Grammy and Poppy

Really Poppy?!
At the Airport to say goodbye *sniff, sniff*

Thank you for an amazingly special holiday. We love you.





No comments:

Post a Comment