Thursday 27 December 2012

Happy Day of Goodwill

In South Africa the 26th of December is a public holiday formerly known as Boxing Day. As a child, I always thought it referred to the sport boxing! I never could figure out the connection between the sport and the holiday. I still don't know why it was called that, but I guess I could just do a google search!

After 1994 the name of the holiday was changed to "Day of Goodwill". Personally when I think of goodwill, what comes to mind is; generosity, kindness, love, caring, and sacrifice. This year I have experienced all of these acts in ways I never have before. From strangers, beloved friends and family and most of all from my own beautiful little family; my Vanilla and my Caramel.

Today I am reminded of what a precious year it has been for us, the beautiful moments we have shared and the challenges that have only made us stronger and closer. I love you. You are the best people to "do" life with :-)

P.S. A special thank you to Michelle of MG photography East London for a fun and awesome shoot. Thank you for capturing our family so magically and beautifully.

















4 comments:

  1. Wow Yolanda, these are SUCH beautiful pics!!! Absolutely gAwJuuuus (**,). Oh my word, just cannot stop looking at them. You guys are an insanely God-breathed family (",).
    Rori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics Yols..Blessed! Ruru-Aimee

    ReplyDelete